Our Services /
Car Battery Secrets
Car Battery Secrets On Show Here | Your Battery is Crashing, Know the Warning Signals | Symptoms of a Failing Battery | Highway Auto Batteries Rockhampton.
Automotive Engineers. Car Technology Pioneers Est. 1966 - Updated 12/07/2019
Your Battery is Crashing, Know the Warning Signals.
Your battery has many roles to play and the one that will cost you the most to fix is the electronic components damage caused by a battery at the end of its life span.
Here is how that happens: The battery acts as a buffer or safety valve to absorb naturally occurring voltage spikes. Visualise a lightning strike on a delicate electronic control unit, no second chance there. Take advantage of our FREE battery test, maintain reliability and save some money. Get your free battery test now, call Steve on 07 4926 1303 and mention this piece.
Its too late when your car won't start!
It's not just the inconvenience of having no transport, the real problem is that the modern car relies on the battery for so many things and when it is getting close to the end of it's service life so many things can happen and they are all very expensive. So, bring your car in for a battery check now, It won't cost you a cent we do it for you for free.
Symptoms of a Failing Battery
- Slow engine cranking: When you attempt to start the vehicle, the cranking of the engine is sluggish and takes longer than normal to start. You could describe it as the "rur rur rur" starting noise sound.
- Check engine light: The check engine light sometimes appears when your battery power is weak. Strange system indicator lights–such as check engine and low coolant lights–could mean there’s a problem with your battery. (It could also just mean you need more coolant).
- Low battery fluid level: Car batteries typically have a part of the casing that’s translucent so you can always keep an eye on your battery’s fluid level. You can also inspect it by removing the red and black caps if they are not sealed (most modern car batteries now permanently seal these parts).
Bottom line: If the fluid level is below the lead plates (energy conductor) inside, it’s time to have the battery and charging system tested. When fluid levels drop, it’s typically caused by overcharging (heat).
- Eww, there’s a stinky, rotten egg smell: You may notice a pungent, rotten egg smell (sulfur odor) around the battery. The cause: Battery leaks. Leaking also causes the corrosion around the posts (where the + and – cable connections are located.) The gunk may need to be removed or your car may not start.
- Your battery can last beyond three years but, at the very least, have its present condition inspected on a half yearly basis when it reaches its three year birthday.
FREE Battery Service for Our Customers
We flag 'Battery Remaining Life' test for you because if your car won't start it will almost certainly be caused by a battery function and these events are many and varied. The modern automobile is more electric/electronic than mechanical therefore its the battery that plays the major role and is most likely to create reliability issues with the electronic components like the Electronic Control Units which control almost everything from brakes to steering.
Does your car engine shut off at traffic lights?
And restart as you press the accelerator? You have a Stop Start system which was designed as an assist to reduce exhaust pollution. The down side to this is: Your environmental contribution comes at a cost. You are now locked into a more expensive and complex battery system which demands a special type of battery, fit a cheaper or incorrect one and it will only last a matter of weeks. Call Steve for further information and assistance: 07 4926 1303
Car Battery Circuit and Starter Motor Service.
Starting your vehicle is one thing, but keeping it running properly is another. With a starting and charging system evaluation you can avoid a malfunction within this system. This evaluation includes:
- Cleaning and inspecting cable ends and the battery to ensure a full charge
- Inspection of fan/alternator and drive belt for signs of wear and proper adjustment if needed
- Inspect battery mounting hardware for secure and vibration free mounting
- Measure alternator charge output
- Measure Starter draw
Essential Battery Information Pages
Call Steve now for more information or get a quote...
Examples of vehicles we service
● Isuzu Ute
● Land Rover